RE: WOFF and extended metadata

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 18:41 +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> > From: Jonathan Kew [mailto:jonathan@jfkew.plus.com]
>

> > No, <name> and <value> are paired by virtue of being children of the
> > same <item>.
>

> Check. So we get to apply language matching/fallback rules on both
> sides of the name-value pair in order to produce the pair that best
> matches the current user's preferences.

Web browsers already have code to do this as part of content
negotiation, and/or in XML for xml:lang processing e.g. in
XSLT and XPath; just make sure the spec allows that same code
to be reused.

In the worst case a user agent could show all matching pairs and still
be more useful than if the metadata were only in Urdu (say).

Best,

Liam