RE: WOFF and extended metadata

Nearly every element in the current format can be localized. The current
design assumes this will be true for extensions as well. If so, the only
repeated part is the markup. Repeated text compresses very well.

> I agree with Sergey that it makes more sense to group the localised
> variant strings according to content, as Tal proposes, rather than
> group them by language.

Which makes more sense really depends on who you are and your goals.
I'm fine with keep localization orthogonal to the format itself i.e.

....Here is metadata in French, and here is the same in English, and here
is the same in Chinese. My user wants French so let me render that.

As opposed to:
...Here is metadata in 20 languages, now let's process the whole thing
so we can know which 95% to ignore for our French user.