Re: TypeCon Presentation Draft

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 09:52:27 -0700
To: "Levantovsky, Vladimir" <Vladimir.Levantovsky@MonotypeImaging.com>
CC: Tal Leming <tal@typesupply.com>, WOFF Working Group <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>
Vlad wrote:

> According to the TypeCon program, there is a one hour and 15 minutes time slot allocated for all webfont-related presentations. This time will be shared between Roger Black (speaking about user experience), Bryan Mason (on font metrics), Raph Levien (Google API) and you and Erik (WOFF). I would consider preparing a compressed presentation that should take 15 min with follow up Q&A discussion during the web font panel.

+ Chris speaking about W3C, which I'm guessing might be shorter than the
other presentations.

[Bryan wrote to me and Tamye to say that someone other than he from
TypeKit will be talking about font metrics.]

I would presume 15-20 minutes, and if Erik and Tal need to trim anything
I would suggest cutting out the historical background. I'm guessing that
a lot of the audience will have been at last year's panel or at ATypI in
Mexico, and the media coverage has actually been pretty good.*

J.

* I was particularly impressed with Ars Technica coverage:
http://arstechnica.com/web/news/2009/11/web-open-font-format-backed-by-mozilla-type-foundries.ars