Re: WebFonts WG Kick-off (was RE: WOFF submission published)

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:55:09 -0700 (PDT)
To: Vladimir Levantovsky <Vladimir.Levantovsky@MonotypeImaging.com>
Cc: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>, public-webfonts-wg@w3.org

Hi Vladimir,

> We also need to finalize our conference call schedule. So far, I
> believe the latest proposal has been to hold weekly conference calls
> on Wednesday, alternating the call times to accommodate time zone
> differences between different continents

The day and times work fine for me.  Would it make sense to fix the
times based on a given locale (e.g. Boston time), since Europe does
seasonal time changes at slightly different points during the year?

> 4) Develop test cases for web fonts:
>    - develop test methodology and decide whether it is appropriate to
>      require   the presence of human observer, at least for some test
>      cases;
>    - develop the test cases and design / collect / donate / acquire
>      (as we see appropriate) the necessary resources for web font
>      test suite (e.g. fonts, etc.).

I would add here that I think we need to consider both tests for
tools that produce WOFF fonts and tests for user agents that load them.

Regards,

John