Re: Welcome, and introductions

From: Tal Leming <tal@typesupply.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 15:23:21 -0400
To: public-webfonts-wg@w3.org
Hello,

I'm Tal Leming. I'm a typeface designer and programmer. I have designed fonts and lettering for foundries, publications, international brands, governmental ministries and more. I have a strong interest in demystifying and and solving technical issues for my fellow designers. In that capacity I act as a technical advisor to many designers and foundries. I have spent an inordinate amount of time making OpenType fonts do things that fonts don't normally do. I am co-author of the Unified Font Object specification. I have developed several pieces of software that have become integral parts of many designers' toolboxes. And, I have open sourced a significant amount of my code. I jumped into the web font discussion last year because I thought that type designers needed to have a voice in what was being discussed. As a result of that, I co-authored the WOFF spec with Jonathan Kew and Erik van Blokland.

Apart from participating in the heated discussion on www-font, this is my first experience with the W3C.

I'm in the US Eastern Standard Time zone.

Tal