Re: PR follow-up for TEv1 tests

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 22:07, Scott González wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 6:33 AM, Sangwhan Moon <sangwhan@iki.fi (mailto:sangwhan@iki.fi)> wrote:
> > Thanks, just don't delete the branch. :-)
>

> Pull requests are permanent records. Even if the original branch is deleted, the commits will live indefinitely on GitHub.
That's good to know. I wasn't so sure since pull requests aren't a standard git feature. (I use git every day, but very rarely use GitHub.)

> You can just pull the branch locally, add your commits, push to a branch on your GitHub account and send a new pull request. The original commits will still have the correct author information.

Yes, I am aware of this approach - but it's bit cruft for no gain. I was more curious about "is there a better way" or is there a more "size efficient way" to do this. Asking around and some searching says what I want is a big fat "nope".

It should be possible to systematically re-assign or steal ownership of PRs, since people may not (or may not be able to) follow up on a PR they sent a year ago, and there is nothing technical that blocks this, except GitHub it seems. :-)