What do we want to put in the Touch Events v2 WG Note? [Was: Re: ACTION-105 ...]

Hi Matt, All,

During WebEvents' October 15 call, we discussed the Touch Events version
2 Working Group Note [1]. Rather than merging important changes from v1
to v2 and publishing v2 in its entirety, Rick suggested that it could be
simpler and more useful if the Note just contained deltas of interfaces
that have two or more implementations.

I just scanned the v2 ED and noted the following additions and
differences regarding the interfaces:

1. Touch interface: includes 4 additional attributes: radiusX, radiusY,
rotationAngle, force

2. TouchList interface: includes 1 additional method: identifiedTouch()

3. TouchEvent interface: includes 1 addtional attribute: relatedTarget

4. Document interface extensions: a) the signature of the createTouch()
method is different to accommodate the 4 additional attributes of the
Touch interface; b) v2 has 2 createTouchList() methods rather than one
and the v1 interface doesn't match either of the v2 interfaces. [I
believe we consolidated these interfaces based on feedback from Boris
and that the v1 interface is the `correct` one.]

What are your thoughts on just documenting the key differences?

We also talked a little bit about the criteria for a feature to be
included in the Note. More specifically, it seems like a feature would
only be included in the Note if it has two or more implementations.
Another consideration is the degree of deployment `in the wild` for
these features. Thus, if (for example) Touch.force has never been
implemented, it probably should not included. Feedback on these
considerations is also welcome.

A separate issue is the "Status of the Document" text that describes the
relationship between the Note and v1, states work on this spec has
stopped, etc. My expectation is the Editors will propose this text for
the group to review.

-Thanks, Art

[1] <http://www.w3.org/2013/10/15-webevents-minutes.html#item02>