Re: Moving Touch Events v1 to Recommendation

On 9/18/13 5:09 PM, ext Doug Schepers wrote:
> I just made a couple more changes:
>
> 1) I removed the “optional” keyword from the WebIDL, because WebIDL says:
> [[
> The final argument in an operation MUST NOT explicitly be declared to
> be optional if the operation is variadic.
> ]]

This is OK with me (although this additional constraint doesn't seem
necessary when the final argument is the first argument in when the
operation is variadic).

> 2) I removed the “version 1” from the name of the spec, since we don't
> intend to do a v2.

Well, our plan of record as recorded in
<http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/wiki/ToDo#Touch_Events_v2> says we
will produce a v2 version although it will be a WG Note.

Assuming we still intend to publish the v2 Note, we can of course
eliminate "version 1" from our v1 Recommendation but I'm not sure if we
should or not. Is there a good precedence here? ATM, I don't have a
strong opinion either way.

-AB