Re: createTouch uses undefined interface AbstractView

On 3/6/13 12:04 PM, ext Dimitri Glazkov wrote:
> That's a blast from the past
> http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Views/views.html#Views-AbstractView.
> It should be WindowProxy, yes.

AbstractView has been the type of the view parameter since the [FPWD].
Perhaps one of the reasons to use that type was to not create a
dependency on HTML5? Doug or Matt - would you please clarify.

If the type is changed to [WindowProxy], it would create a new
dependency on HTML5 and that can lead to an issue when moving the spec
to Recommendation, unless we have data/evidence WindowProxy's definition
is stable and interoperably deployed. Do we have such data?

Boris - are there any other issues with the IDL in the [LC] spec?

-AB

[FPWD] <http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-touch-events-20110505/>
[WindowProxy]
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-html5-20090423/browsers.html#windowproxy>