Re: Comments on Touch Events v1 LCWD

On 1/17/13 6:59 PM, ext Sangwhan Moon wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2013, at 12:58 AM, Rick Byers wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> On 1/17/13 8:17 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>> On 1/15/13 4:26 PM, ext Cathy.Chan@nokia.com wrote:
>> 3. The description of createTouchList says
>> [[Creates a TouchList object consisting of zero or more Touch objects.]]
>> But the table below says the touches attribute is not nullable. Is that a
>> contradiction?
>> What would be the expected behavior if we createTouchList() is called
>> with
>> zero Touch objects?
>> Or should it be restricted to take one or more Touch objects?
>>
>> Matt, Olli, Boris - what does Gecko do here?
>>
>> Calling createTouchList with no arguments creates a list with no objects in it and length 0.
>>
>> Same behavior in Chrome (i.e. upstream WebKit - iOS could be different in theory).
> Same in Opera.

Thanks for your prompt replies Boris, Rick and Sangwhan!

Given this feedback, I propose the description of the variadic method
change from:

[[
<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webevents/raw-file/v1/touchevents.html#methods-1>

Creates a TouchList object consisting of zero or more Touch objects.
]]

to:

[[
Creates a TouchList object consisting of zero or more Touch objects.
Calling this method with no arguments creates a TouchList with no
objects in it and length 0.
]]

Comments on the proposal are welcome, but please send them as soon as
possible and include a specific proposal that would satisfy/address your
proposal. In the absence of any comments, I will include this proposal
in LC#2.

Cathy - is there a test case(s) for this variadic method?

-Thanks, AB