Re: document.createTouch/document.createTouchList are useless without new TouchEvent() or event.initTouchEvent()

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Matt Brubeck <mbrubeck@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On 4/4/2013 1:19 PM, Rick Byers wrote:
>
>> Thanks, this is an amusing omission (I guess no-one is really using
>> createTouchList in chrome outside of our tests, we don't have
>> initTouchEvent in upstream WebKit).
>>
> Yes -- one reason we omitted initTouchEvent from Touch Events v1 (and also
> createTouch/createTouchList in some versions of the spec) was because we
> found close to zero production web content that used it.  Our plan was
> always to replace these methods with constructors in v2.

Makes sense, thanks for the history.

 The note looks good to me, although the API is also necessary to
>> initialize the other properties of a TouchEvent (in addition to the touch
>> lists), right?
>>
> Yes, that's true.  I'm not sure if it's worth adding more description of
> the method in this spec that doesn't define it, but feel free to propose
> changes.  :)

 How about instead of "can attach TouchList objects..." we say "can
initialize a TouchEvent object, including attaching TouchList objects..."?