Re: [Touch events] createTouchList should probably take a sequence, not an IDL array

From: Rick Byers <rbyers@google.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 17:21:04 -0500
To: Matt Brubeck <mbrubeck@mozilla.com>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Sangwhan Moon <smoon@opera.com>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, public-webevents@w3.org
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Matt Brubeck <mbrubeck@mozilla.com> wrote:

>  On 12/6/2012 12:59 PM, Rick Byers wrote:
>
> Since the goal for the V1 spec is interoperability, I'd vote for changing
> the spec and adding this form to the Gecko implementation - but I don't
> know what that means for the spec (do we have to go back to WD?).  I filed
> https://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/issues/27 to track.
>
> Yes, I think we would have to go back to WD.  I agree that correcting the
> spec (and Gecko) to match WebKit is the right thing to do, as long as we
> think it's worth the effort.

Thanks Matt.  I don't have a strong opinion on whether it's worth the
effort (I guess I don't have a good idea of how much effort that entails).
 I'll defer to you guys.  Sorry I didn't raise this issue as soon as I
realized that WebKit didn't match the spec (at the time, I thought the
right thing to do was just fix WebKit).