Microsoft submitted PointerEvent spec to W3C for standardization

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:14:39 -0400
To: "public-webevents@w3.org" <public-webevents@w3.org>
Hi All,

Today the W3C announced that Microsoft submitted a "Pointer Events
Specification" to the W3C:

This document defines events and related interfaces for handling
hardware agnostic pointer input from devices like a mouse, pen, or
touchscreen. For compatibility with existing mouse-based content, this
specification also describes a mapping to fire [DOM-LEVEL-3-EVENTS]
Mouse Events for pointer device types other than mouse.

In the "Suggested action" section of the Submission request [1], there
is a suggestion a Working Group be started to produce a Recommendation.
Given this, I propose we add this to our September 25 call. In
particular, we should discuss what such a standardization effort would
mean vis-a-vis Touch Events v2.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/2012/03/