RE: Request for Review: single-touch tests; deadline Sept 24

Hi all,

I checked the single-touch tests against the test assertions that I wrote up
a while ago (http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/wiki/TestAssertions, also
updated to add a few assertions that I missed) and can report that the
coverage was pretty good. A few specific comments below.

1. In most cases, the existence of attributes in the object and event
interfaces are verified (assertions 1.1.2, 1.2.1, 1.3.1.1, etc), except for
a. Touch interface: identifier and target
b. touchstart event: changedTouches, targetTouches
c. touchmove event: changedTouches, targetTouches, altKey, ctrlKey, metaKey,
shiftKey
d. touchend event: changedTouches, targetTouches, altKey, ctrlKey, metaKey,
shiftKey
Note that in some cases, existence is indirectly verified by accessing the
attributes.

2. In all cases, the data types of the attributes in the object and event
interfaces are not verified (assertions 1.1.3, 1.2.2, 1.3.1.2, etc).

3. Assertion 1.2.5, which verifies that each item of a TouchList object is a
Touch object, is not covered.

4. Assertions 1.3.3.9 and 1.4.3.8, which verify that the target of each
Touch object in targetTouches of the touchstart and touchmove event matches
the element that receives the event, is not covered.

5. Similarly, assertion 1.5.2.6, which verifies that the target of at least
one Touch object in changedTouches of the touchend/touchcancel event matches
the element that receives the event, is not covered.

6. Assertion 1.6.2, which verifies that the target of the item in
changedTouches of the touchstart event matches the element that receives the
event, is not covered.

These all seem reasonably easy to add to the test file.

Also, as Art mentioned before, there are no tests on the touchcancel event
or the DOM interfaces for creating Touch and TouchList objects (note that I
haven't included any assertions for those in the wiki either).

I also found one typo in line 91 in the touchmove section:
s/touchend/touchmove/

Regards, Cathy.