W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webevents@w3.org > January to March 2012

Draft minutes: 31 January 2012 call

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:54:27 -0500
Message-ID: <4F281CC3.5000708@nokia.com>
To: "public-webevents@w3.org" <public-webevents@w3.org>
The draft minutes from the January 31 voice conference are available at 
the following and copied below:

http://www.w3.org/2012/01/31-webevents-minutes.html

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send 
them to the public-webevents mail list before February 7. In the absence 
of any changes, these minutes will be considered approved.

-AB

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                 Web Events Working Group Teleconference

31 Jan 2012

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2012JanMar/0014.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/31-webevents-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Art_Barstow, Doug_Schepers, Sangwhan_Moon,
           Charles_McCathieNevile, Scott_Gonzalez, Laszlo_Gombos

    Regrets
    Chair
           Art

    Scribe
           Art

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Tweak Agenda
          2. [6]Scott Gonzalez Introduction
          3. [7]Touch Events PAG
          4. [8]AoB
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <scribe>  ScribeNick: ArtB

    <scribe>  Scribe: Art

    Date: 31 January 2012

    <shepazu>  trackbot, start telcon

    <trackbot>  Date: 31 January 2012

    <scribe>  Meeting: Web Events WG Voice Conference

Tweak Agenda

    AB: I posted the draft agenda a few hours ago
    [10]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2012JanMar/
    0014.html

      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2012JanMar/0014.html

Scott Gonzalez Introduction

    SG: I am working on jQuery UI

     normalizing diff pointer events

     draggable, etc.

     anything that can be accomplished with a single touch

     jQuery core will eventually want to normalise everything to
    whatever is spec'ed by the W3C

     We want to help move the specs forward

     Wondering if there is considering Msft's model

    DS: we did consider something like Msft pointer model. We're looking
    for something small that covers all pointers

     there is something like that in D3Events

     it was similar but primitive

     Sangwhan also proposed something similar

     We ultimately decided Webkit had more impl so we rallied around
    that

     I would be interested in talking with Msft about their model

     Would like Scott to participate in the Wg

     think Scott can provide valuable input

     The PAG is formed and it will influence our spec

    SG: I can join the telecons

    <scribe>  ACTION: doug get Scott Gonzalez added as an Invited Expert
    [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2012/01/31-webevents-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot>  Created ACTION-93 - Get Scott Gonzalez added as an
    Invited Expert [on Doug Schepers - due 2012-02-07].

Touch Events PAG

    AB: I want to be very clear that we will NOT talk about any specific
    patents
    ... charter is [12]http://www.w3.org/2012/01/touch-pag-charter

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/touch-pag-charter

     PAG participants
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/45559/status

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/45559/status

     Patent Policy identifies potential "conclusions"
    [14]http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/#sec-PAG-con
    clude

      [14] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/#sec-PAG-conclude

     typically there is a call for prior art

     there can also be a request for analysis oriented toward working
    around the patents

    <shepazu>  [15]https://www.w3.org/2003/12/LegalDefenseFund.html

      [15] https://www.w3.org/2003/12/LegalDefenseFund.html

    AB: one question is what do we do now

    DS: we could continue to work on test cases

     we could also look at some other approaches

     we don't have to wait for the PAG

AoB

    DS: what about Scott

    AB: please go forward

    MC: +1

    MB: +1

    AB: meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: doug get Scott Gonzalez added as an Invited Expert
    [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2012/01/31-webevents-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 31 January 2012 16:55:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 31 January 2012 16:55:12 GMT