Re: initTouchEvent() in WebKit doesn't match Touch Events version 2 W3C Editor's Draft 14 November 2011

On 05/31/2012 08:33 AM, ÌïÀöÀö wrote:
> Would you pls help me to have a look at the following problem, when
> implementing the function initTouchEvent()(see the following codes)
> with references to "Touch Events version 2 W3C Editor's Draft 14
> November 2011"
> (http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webevents/raw-file/default/touchevents.html)

Touch Events v2 is an editors' draft, and there are no conforming
implementations. WebKit's touch events were created before the proposed
W3C standards, and differ from the standards in several ways including
the parameters to initTouchEvents. If you want to call initTouchEvent in
current WebKit browsers, you should consult their documentation instead:
http://developer.apple.com/library/safari/#documentation/UserExperience/Reference/TouchEventClassReference/TouchEvent/TouchEvent.html

In the long term, if we continue developing the touch events v2
standard, we plan to replace initTouchEvent with a constructor function:
http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/issues/23

See also http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/issues/19