W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webevents@w3.org > October to December 2011

Draft minutes: 11 October 2011 call

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:55:40 -0400
Message-ID: <4E9466FC.8090306@nokia.com>
To: "public-webevents@w3.org" <public-webevents@w3.org>
The draft minutes from the October 11 voice conference are available at 
the following and copied below:

http://www.w3.org/2011/10/11-webevents-minutes.html

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send 
them to the public-webevents mail list before October 18 (the next 
potential voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered 
Approved as is.

-AB

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Web Events WG Voice Conference

11 Oct 2011

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/0035.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/10/11-webevents-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Art_Barstow, Doug_Schepers, Olli_Pettay, Cathy_Chan,
           Sangwhan_Moon

    Regrets
    Chair
           Art

    Scribe
           Art

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Tweak Agenda
          2. [6]Announcements
          3. [7]Issue-21 and Issue-22 ; status of Cathy's proposals
          4. [8]Feedback from PFWG on Touch Events 13 September 2011
             draft
          5. [9]comments from Greg Dennis
          6. [10]Plan for Touch Events LC#2
          7. [11]Any Other Business (AOB)
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <scribe>  ScribeNick: ArtB

    <scribe>  Scribe: Art

    Date: 11 October 2011

Tweak Agenda

    AB: I submitted a draft agenda on October 10
    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/
    0035.html. Any change requests? The focus today is addressing
    comments for the Touch Events LCWD.
    ... we'll skip testing today

      [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/0035.html.

Announcements

    AB: any short announcements today?
    ... re the f2f meeting on Tuesday November 1, I still consider its
    status as "undecided" but if we do meet that day it will be
    9:00-12:00 maximum and we will have a teleconf bridge for remote
    participants.
    ... given there are only 5 WG members registered yet almost 20
    non-members, it may make sense to meet for the first half-hour or so
    just to give people an update/status.
    ... Reminder: October 11 is the deadline for comments for the TEv1
    LC
    ... The comment tracking document is
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/wiki/TouchEvents-LCWD-13-Sep-20
    11.

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/wiki/TouchEvents-LCWD-13-Sep-2011.

Issue-21 and Issue-22 ; status of Cathy's proposals

    AB: it looks like Cathy submitted changesets to address Issue-21 and
    Issue-22 so I think we can now close both of them
    ([15]http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/issues/21,
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/issues/22).
    ... I already updated the DoC doc to reflect the WG and Commenter
    are in agreement (LC-1 and LC-2)
    ... thanks Cathy!

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/issues/21
      [16] http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/issues/22).

Feedback from PFWG on Touch Events 13 September 2011 draft

    AB: the WAI PFWG submitted some comments and no one has responded
    yet
    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011JulSep/
    0091.html so let's look at them and make some decisions
    ... LC-6 and LC-7
    ... we need someone to agree to propose text to address these issues

      [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011JulSep/0091.html

     any volunteers?

    SM: I will take an action to address comment #2

    <scribe>  ACTION: moon respond to PFWG comment #2 (the editorial
    nits) [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/11-webevents-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot>  Created ACTION-81 - Respond to PFWG comment #2 (the
    editorial nits) [on Sangwhan Moon - due 2011-10-18].

    AB: I would split comment #1 into 2 pieces

     one is a request for Primer doc

     and the other asks for a clarification re mouse events and touch
    events

    DS: we mention that in the charter

    AB: "The relation between touch events and mouse

    events should be explained in more detail for authors who want to

    achieve device independence.

    "

    DS: agree with that point

     but it is not something the spec should necessarily address

     e.g. this spec does not define mouse events

     and I think that is appropriate

     I do agree having a clear defn would be useful but it doesn't
    belong in the TE spec

    <smaug>  quite bad echo

    AB: can you respond to that Doug?

    DS: would prefer someone else to take it

    SM: OK, I can take care of that

    <scribe>  ACTION: Moon respond to PFWG comment #1 [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/11-webevents-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot>  Created ACTION-82 - Respond to PFWG comment #1 [on
    Sangwhan Moon - due 2011-10-18].

    AB: do you have enuf info Sangwhan?

    SM: yes

    DS: agree a Primer-type info would be useful but don't think the TE
    spec should include it

    AB: ok, then we have a plan to address the PFWG comments
    ... Sangwhan, when can you address these Actions?

    SM: I will try to get a draft out tomorrow

    AB: OK, that would be great

comments from Greg Dennis

    AB: during the Sept 20 call, we discussed
    <[20]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/20-webevents-minutes.html#item03>
    comments from Greg Dennis
    <[21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011JulSep
    /0065.html>  and Doug agreed to Action-77
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/77

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2011/09/20-webevents-minutes.html#item03%3E
      [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011JulSep/0065.html%3E
      [22] http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/77

    <smaug>  The echo is really bad

    <shepazu>  action-77?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-77 -- Doug Schepers to reply to Greg Dennis table
    for each touch event type per agreement on 20-Sep-2011 call -- due
    2011-10-10 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [23]http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/77

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/77

    DS: so this is Action-77?

    Action-77?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-77 -- Doug Schepers to reply to Greg Dennis table
    for each touch event type per agreement on 20-Sep-2011 call -- due
    2011-10-10 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [24]http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/77

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/77

    AB: yes

    DS: not sure when I can get to it

    SM: is this critical for LC?

    DS: good point; we will go back to LC

    AB: yes, that's correct

    DS: I can point somebody to my code

    AB: f.ex.
    [25]http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#event-type-DOMActivate

      [25] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#event-type-DOMActivate

    <shepazu>
    [26]http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#event-types-list

      [26] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#event-types-list

    <shepazu>
    [27]http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#event-types-list

      [27] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#event-types-list

    DS: we can add the table

    AB: the table will be normative I presume

    DS: what is the LC#2 plan?

    AB: I was hoping to publish it next week

    SM: could this be easily done with ReSpec?

    DS: I think it needs to be modified

    AB: is it clear what Greg is asking for?

    SM: yes, I think so

    DS: yes, I think we have all of the info

     D3E is more specific

     all of the info is derivable

    SM: if I have an extra week, I can look into it

    AB: can anyone else help?

    SM: I can get something out by the end of next week

    <scribe>  ACTION: moon create an input to address the table requested
    by Greg Dennis [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/11-webevents-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot>  Created ACTION-83 - Create an input to address the table
    requested by Greg Dennis [on Sangwhan Moon - due 2011-10-18].

    AB: I'll see if I can get to it sooner

    <scribe>  ACTION: barstow try to help Sangwhan with Action-83
    [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/11-webevents-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot>  Created ACTION-84 - Try to help Sangwhan with Action-83
    [on Arthur Barstow - due 2011-10-18].

Plan for Touch Events LC#2

    AB: I'd like to get a new LC published as soon as we can - Oct 18 if
    possible - and certainly before TPAC starts and set a longer term
    goal of publishing a Candidate Recommendation in November.
    ... based on the actions created today, it looks like a pub on Oct
    18 won't happen

     but we can still try to get it pub'ed before TPAC

    DS: last day to submit a pubreq before TPAC is Oct 25

    AB: so that is still do-able

    DS: I'll be offline on Oct 24 and limited availability next week

    AB: it doesn't seem like that much work is needed to get LC#2 out

    DS: yes, I think that's true

    AB: I think we have a set of actions

     now we need to execute

    AB: anything else on LC#2?

Any Other Business (AOB)

    DS: I won't be available next week

     hope to talk to some Members about joining Web Events

     during my biz trip

    AB: OK; good
    ... tentatively have a call next week

     and Sangwhan, please keep me posted on the status of your actions

    SM: will do

    AB: perhaps we can use email to synch up rather than have a meeting
    next week
    ... anything else for today?
    ... meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: barstow try to help Sangwhan with Action-83 [recorded
    in [30]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/11-webevents-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: moon create an input to address the table requested by
    Greg Dennis [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/11-webevents-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Moon respond to PFWG comment #1 [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/11-webevents-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: moon respond to PFWG comment #2 (the editorial nits)
    [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/11-webevents-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 11 October 2011 15:56:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:09:34 UTC