Re: Draft Updated Charter adding Mouse Lock and Gamepad

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com> wrote:

> The short version is "I want to be able to easily write code so I can do
> noteOn(channel, key #, velocity) and handleNoteOn(channel, key #,
> velocity)."
>

> Do ProcessedMediaStreams need to be in a worker?

The ProcessedMediaStream object is on the main thread. The processing
happens in a Worker.

We could also offer a processing API that happens on the main thread. You'll
be subject to main-thread latency then, and liable to glitch.

We will probably offer a main-thread API to generate a stream by injecting
data periodically (initially audio samples, but could be other kinds of data
too). That would be a lower-latency way to generate a stream from the main
thread (lower latency than posting the data to a Worker which is driving a
zero-input ProcessedMediaStream), but would also be liable to glitch if
you're not buffering up data very far. Doing real-time things on the main
thread is just risky :-).

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our