Re: Feedback on TouchEvent and DocumentTouch

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 18:00:14 +0200, Matt Brubeck <mbrubeck@mozilla.com>
wrote:
>> Apparently TouchEvent.init* is not baked yet. It seems better to not add
>> it at all.
>
> I am inclined to agree with this.  For Touch Events v2, I think that we
> should remove the initTouchEvent method and replace it with constructors.
>
> For v1, we could either specify initTouchEvent as it is currently
> implemented (and then deprecate it in v2), or we could omit it from the
> spec.   (One reason we might want to include it in v1 is that we want a
> way to synthesize events in the test suite for the specification.)

I think it would be better to not include it at all then. Getting features
removed is much harder than never adding them in the first place.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/