Re: WebEvents-ISSUE-8: initTouchEvent function [Touch Events spec]

From: Matt Brubeck <mbrubeck@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:08:38 -0700
To: Web Events Working Group WG <public-webevents@w3.org>
CC: Web Events Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
I proposed adding createTouchPoint and createTouchList methods to the
Touch Events spec.  Does everyone agree with this, or are there any
other suggestions for how to create and initialize TouchEvent objects
and their attributes?

If we do add these, should they be added to the DocumentEvent interface
from DOM Level 2, or should I device a new interface (e.g.
"DocumentTouchEvent")?  I don't have any experience defining new
standards that extend the DOM, so I'm hoping for some guidance.