RE: WebEvents-ISSUE-46: Object Identity implementation in WebKit

From: <laszlo.1.gombos@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:27:30 +0000
To: <mbrubeck@mozilla.com>
CC: <public-webevents@w3.org>
Matt,

In general I do not see that Touch related objects would persist or carry Identity in the current WebKit trunk implementation.

Specifically on the first issue raised by ISSUE-16 I do not think that changedTouches and targetTouches refer to the same objects as the "touches" attribute for the same event. I think this commit has some insightful details - http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/58323/trunk/WebCore/page/EventHandler.cpp.

On the second issue raised I do not think that different touch events should refer to the same objects. The example from http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2010/02/persistent_touc.html no longer seems to work on some of the Android devices.

Regards,
  Laszlo