preventDefault research

From: Matt Brubeck <mbrubeck@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 16:39:22 -0700
To: "public-webevents@w3.org" <public-webevents@w3.org>
I'm doing some of my own research on preventDefault behavior for touch
events, because we are busy implementing this in Firefox.  Here's a test
page that others might find useful:
http://limpet.net/w3/touchevents/preventDefault.html

Safari, Android WebKit, and Opera Mobile 11 all display the following
behaviors:

1) preventDefault on the touchstart event prevents scrolling and
mouseup/mousedown/click events.

2) preventDefault on the touchmove event prevents scrolling.

3) preventDefault on the touchend event does NOT prevent scrolling or
mouse events.