Re: W3C Web Education Group in Turkey

On 1 Jan 2012, at 21:47, Çağlar Yeşilyurt wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Happy Christmas. My name is Çağlar. I'm a student and a web developer in Turkey. At these days, I am organizing people in order to translate W3C Web Educations materials to Turkish. To achieve this purpose, I need to bring them together and have to use a communication platform. I can suggest them to join this e-mail group but during translation process, so many Turkish e-mail could be sent and people may be disturb. Can someone provide us a sub e-mail list to use it in Turkish web education projects.
>
> I think wiki of w3c web education group can be the best publication platform of translated articles. However, it seems to lack of internationalization support that is like in wikipedia. Chris had sent an email to determine wiki URL style for international articles but nobody offered something. This time that can be discussed.

Hi there Çağlar - thanks for your mail. It is so good to have you in the group!

So we already have the Turkish page at http://www.w3.org/community/webed/international-education/turkish-education-project/

I have also set up a Wiki page for you to record Turkish activities, at http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/index.php?title=Turkish_international_project/. Feel free to record organizational details there.

We already have a Japanese education list, at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webed-jp/, so it shouldn't be a problem to get a turkish list set up. I'll enquire about it now.

As for Turkish translations (and other translations, I have decided that we should use the first suggestion I made). So for the translation of

http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/How_does_the_Internet_work

You would put the Turkish version at

http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/tr/How_does_the_Internet_work

Let me know if this all makes sense, or if you have more questions.

Best,

Chris