Re: Moving forward with web education work

Chris ;)

thanks for geting back to me about my points :)
(and no need to say sorry - you weren't grumpy :) :) :) )

About doing work ~ yes, please, do feel free to hand me a task and let me
get onto it when I can - that sounds good to me ;)

About the tutorials and the learning materials generally...
glad to see that Anna agrees with some of my points here. I think it is the
nature of the presentation on the site - the lengthy text without
sufficient visuals which makes this less suitable for teachers who are new
to the web subject and students of entry levels.

The idea of slideshows sounds good - or even just more illustrated
examples.
Rachel Andrew just published a post on the topic of writing tutorials for
beginners, very good points:
http://www.rachelandrew.co.uk/archives/2012/02/05/writing-beginner-level-tutorials/

About getting feedback: yeah, I know - this one is hard....  especially
considering the ever growing paperwork teacher have to deal with... so I
don't have any solid answers here, but I feel very strongly that this
resource we're building will only be useful if tested and edited to suit...
I will ask my colleagues about this when I can catch them next time. Maybe
they might have some suggestions for us which we havent' thought of... will
let you know ...

About my suggestion of a forum: that might of course just be me.... was
just an idea ;)
For getting feedback on specific resources etc... I do think it would make
sense.

Will get back to your survey in a minute as well :)

Stay warm and enjoy the snow :)
Prisca

Prisca Schmarsow ✪ 07969 713 329
graphiceyedea.co.uk *•* eyelearn.org *•* webeyedea.info
student forum:
eyelearn.org/forum