From: ext Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com<mailto:cmills@opera.com>>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:44:29 +0000
To: <public-webed@w3.org<mailto:public-webed@w3.org>>
Subject: Community college outreach ideas, and more?

Hi all,

Just a heads up - one of our members, the esteemed mr Mark Dubois, has started a section on the Wiki about outreach to community colleges. See http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/Outreach#Community_college_outreach_program

There isn't much here yet, but if anyone here has useful contacts in the community college space, or ideas about outreach to community colleges, please add them here.

This also raises another question - how we break up outreach work. By country or language sounds like it makes sense, but we could also consider looking at specific groups that various members of the WebEdCG might have particular experience in, or influence over. Community Colleges sounds like a good groups to deal with separately, imo.

Thoughts?

Chris Mills
Open standards evangelist and dev.opera.com editor, Opera Software
Co-chair, web education community group, W3C

* Try Opera: http://www.opera.com
* Learn about the latest open standards technologies and techniques: http://dev.opera.com
* Contribute to web education: http://www.w3.org/community/webed/