Re: CSS shorthand reference

From: Masataka Yakura <myakura.web@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 04:56:34 +0900
To: Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com>
Cc: public-webed@w3.org
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 3:25 AM, Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com> wrote:
> Thank you so much Masataka! I have given it a bit of an edit to clear up a few small grammar points.

Thank you Chris! That would help improving my English writing :)

> I guess a question to ask now is - in these situations, do we always want to present the CSS3 way as the way to do it, or do we want to present the CSS 2 way as the way to do it, but then show the CSS3 additions separately? I think the way you've got it laid out here is actually pretty helpful and works nicely.

For now, I would like to go the latter. Firefox and WebKit haven't had
support for background-position offsets yet, and they haven't added
bg-size to the shorthand. (Opera and IE9 do a better job here :)
Given the browser support I'd rather say that CSS3 features should be
written separately.

I was thinking about including these browser support while writing,
but such info would possibly be better fit in MDN. I'll update the
refs page, too.

Thanks!
--
Masataka Yakura