Re: A draft of WebCrypto use cases [via Web Crypto API Community Group]

From: Tom Ritter <tom@ritter.vg>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 08:01:40 -0400
To: Channy Yun <channy@mozilla.or.kr>
Cc: public-webcryptoapi@w3.org
Some of these (that came from me) are clearly out of scope now, such as:

 - Exposing Pinned Public Keys for a host via javascript

Others have actually already been implemented, through features of
HTML5 I didn't know enough about, such as:

 - A way to encrypt a file chosen in a <input type=file> control prior
to transmitting it to the server

I intend to go through my previous ones and flesh them out more, and
note which ones I'm removing.  I'd also recommend we have someone
involved who is intimately familiar with the HTML5, as we could
inadvertently stomp on, re implement, or otherwise architect things
poorly because our lack of knowledge there.

-tom