Re: [W3C Web Crypto WG] a post to get some help from web developers

Hey everyone,

I am a web dev and I think web crypto is awesome and gives us a huge
opportunity. Using crypto is very important and the web is moving
forward in replacing the native with a lot of advancements and web
crypto is and has to be a part of that.

I am also the current maintainer of sjcl and one of the founders of
whispeer.de an end-to-end encrypted social network which already uses
web crypto to verify ecdsa signatures faster than sjcl (they are
compatible!). This gave us a huge speed boost: sjcl verify takes ~150ms
and web crypto takes ~5ms on my machine. I would also like to use web
crypto for aes and signing but it does not seem stable enough yet.
(verify falls back if verification fails)

I haven't read the whole spec but when implementing, some parts where
rather hard and it sometimes felt like guessing what the exact api was.

That is all from me, I currently have not enough time to participate
more actively.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Kind regards,
Nils