Re: [w3c web crypto WG] cfc for managing new algorithms in the Web Crypto API spec --> answer expected by 15th of novembre

On 10/31/2015 04:15 PM, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> I'm unclear of the value - to the WG or to the community at large - to
> be publishing algorithms removed from the spec due to lack of
> interest. Given that we regularly see feedback from the public related
> to confusion about the W3C process and workflow, my sense is that no
> matter how much we try to disclaim it as "For historic purposes only",
> people will see such Notes and expect them to be implemented / ask
> that they be implemented, when it's very clear they won't be.

There's two classes of algorithms:

1) Ones that *may* or even *likely* will have two interoperable
implementations in the future (RSA-PSS for example)

2) Others than may *never* be implemented.

If folks want to keep the the second out, just mention which ones you
think they are and we can keep them out the Proposed Note.

     cheers,
         harry