Re: Fwd: New Liaison Statement, "Additional Curves"

On 03/14/2015 05:51 PM, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> I am confident that the point of having an algorithm definition and
> construction reviewed and agreed upon by the community will be longer than
> a month, even if all the pieces are "obvious" (as the discussion has shown,
> some pieces presumed obvious, such as endianness, are far from it)

I agree it is very likely longer than a month.

I think the simplest route forward would be adopt Trevor Perrin's spec
as a Working Draft for Curve 25519 (and create a Goldilocks spec if CFRG
adds that to recommended curves) and then use the errata process to
check that into the main spec when the CFRG/TLS process reaches
maturity. It would be good to get Trevor a co-editor as well.

In the mean time, we can continue tracking the discussion and should
probably respond to the liaison statement noting the above process and
then establishing a liaison with TLS WG.

    cheers,
        harry