From: Ryan Sleevi [mailto:sleevi@google.com]
Sent: lundi 29 septembre 2014 18:09
To: Harry Halpin
Cc: public-webcrypto@w3.org
Subject: Re: [W3C Web Crypto WG] today's agenda, including resolution to exit Last Call

Just to be sure: you're asking if the WG has had a chance to review the 39 changes made over the past week, some as recently as two days ago, to the level of binding resolution?

I know we haven't.

And Harry, please recall the Work Mode this WG adopted - and which you announced.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcrypto/2014May/0014.html

"Yesterday, the Working Group at the telecon approved. RESOLUTION: Switch to a working mode that does only ad-hoc calls and a waiting period on the mailing list for objections to decisions."

This is also reflected in the minutes: http://www.w3.org/2014/05/05-crypto-minutes.html

That means that the discussion of LC on this call would be entirely non-binding, and for sake of review.

Also, note that if the WG feels that Last Call comments have been
addressed, then over the next week I will formally request that the
Web Crypto API goes to Last Call and do the work to ensure that we
fulfill the requirements listed here:

http://www.w3.org/2014/Process-20140801/#candidate-rec

In particular:

    must show that the specification has met all Working Group
requirements, or explain why the requirements have changed or been
deferred,
    must document changes to dependencies during the development of
the specification,
    must document how adequate implementation experience will be
demonstrated,
    must specify the deadline for comments, which must be at least
four weeks after publication, and should be longer for complex documents,
    must show that the specification has received wide review, and
    may identify features in the document as "at risk". These features
may be removed before advancement to Proposed Recommendation without a
requirement to publish a new Candidate Recommendation.

The Director must announce the publication of a Candidate
Recommendation to other W3C groups and to the public, and must begin
an Advisory Committee Review on the question of whether W3C should
publish the specification as a W3C Recommendation.

  cheers,
     harry