Re: WebCrypto Security Analysis

From: Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 17:23:16 -0700
To: Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric@gmail.com>
Cc: Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>, Kelsey Cairns <kelsey.cairns@inria.fr>, "public-webcrypto@w3.org" <public-webcrypto@w3.org>, Richard Barnes <rlb@ipv.sx>
Aymeric,

This discussion is not appropriate for this list.

The behavior of browsers regarding WS:// vs WSS:// over HTTP:// vs
HTTPS://is not appropriate for WebCrypto.

On Mar 27, 2014 5:17 PM, "Aymeric Vitte" <vitteaymeric@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, as I wrote, other lists feedback is useless.
>
> Please, answer the question.
>
> Le 28/03/2014 00:06, Richard Barnes a écrit :
>>
>> This is really not the list for this discussion.  Please take it to
webappsec if you want to continue.

>> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric@gmail.com>
wrote:

(we found multiple compatibility issues each time we tried - I'm surprised
Firefox/IE did not, but they already treat ws:// and http XHRs as active
mixed content that is blocked). Although we're far away from the topic at
hand.

>>> What do you mean? If you can not use wss then http with ws is better
than https with ws? That's not possible.