Re: WebIDL usage for Algorithms

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 22:43:45 -0400
To: Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com>
CC: "public-webcrypto@w3.org" <public-webcrypto@w3.org>
On 3/17/14 10:30 PM, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> Yeah, I think we *could* get away with a clean global, since it's just
> used as a place-holder to defer IDL conversions, and never exposed.

Note that sync structured cloning followed by sync or async conversion
to a WebIDL dictionary is observably different from sync conversion to a
WebIDL dictionary in all sorts of ways (most obviously, structured
cloning will throw if the thing being cloned has any Function-valued
enumerable own properties).  I suspect sync conversion to a WebIDL
dictionary would be much less surprising to authors.

> I'll try to put together a spec that attempts to *synchronously* handle
> the IDL conversion into the target/derived type prior to returning the
> promise, which should hopefully address this.

Yes, that would address my concerns for this stuff.

Thanks,
Boris