RE: Is a bug needed for?

From: Ryan Sleevi [mailto:sleevi@google.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:04 PM
To: Jim Schaad
Cc: public-webcrypto@w3.org
Subject: Re: Is a bug needed for?

On Jan 28, 2014 9:56 PM, "Jim Schaad" <ietf@augustcellars.com> wrote:

> Sorry – being lazy so not looking at the database.

Or the spec ;)

> Do we need to get bugs filed for:
>

> 1.       A JWK attribute to defined exportability

No

[JLS] Ok – this looks good – and the error handling looks fine

> 2.       Definitions of what to do when the parameters passed in and the parameters in a JWK differ in some way (intersection? Use the JWK versions? Error?)

No

[JLS] I have a bit of  problem with this.  What is meant by inconsistent?  Should this be specified a bit more tightly.   If I pass in an empty array from the call and there are things specified in the JWK – is this consistent?   If nothing is specified either in my call or in the JWK then it would be consistent, but I am not sure what the correct thing to be set on the key would be.  If no key usages are specified, do the generate and import functions needs to say that there is some default that is used (for passing in an empty array)?

Jim

Both are already in the ED.