Re: What happended to SecretAgreee?

Yes, Key agreement algorithms (which DH Phase 2 is - agreement of the
secret Z based on the exchanged parameters) is treated as a key derivation
algorithm.

Can you provide any examples of algorithms or parameters you do not believe
fits into the deriveKey mechanism?

I wasn't sure if your "and maybe a new key derivation algorithm" indicated
a degree of uncertainty. If so, yes, that is exactly the workflow - for
example, if you wanted to feed Z into HDKF to extract/expand.