Re: Copying bugs to the mailing list

On 02/25/2014 08:25 PM, Ryan Sleevi wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org
> <mailto:hhalpin@w3.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 02/24/2014 10:55 PM, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
>
>         Harry, Wendy, Virginie,
>
>         Has there been any progress on this? As we proceed to last
>         call, ensuring that the WG can discuss any issues and bugs
>         reported seems very important.
>

>     Agreed. I sent a request to add this to SysReq and am tracking
>     down what happened to it. I imagine it should be no problem, and
>     I've asked Wendy if there's any possible IPR concerns. Although
>     I'm not a lawyer, I don't think this should be a problem as long
>     as things are clearly separated *or* we move Bugzilla to
>     member-only in order to preserve IPR commits to changes to the spec.
>
>     >From my homework on this problem yesterday, the only mailing list
>     I can find that does this as well is
>     public-html-wg-issue-tracking@w3.org
>     <mailto:public-html-wg-issue-tracking@w3.org>. It seems like a
>     good practice in general though IMHO.
>
>        cheers,
>           harry
>

> public-webapps doesn't count? :)
Yes, that's a better example than HTML5 given that's their main mailing
list - I de-subscribed to webapps due to the heavy email load there!
Regardless, perhaps we should raise this as sort of standardized default
for new Working Groups. I'll raise that internally to see what the
reactions is, but given that WebApps does it already, I can't see any
problems personally

    cheers,
      harry