RE: Bug 24410 - AES-GCM

From: Jim Schaad [mailto:ietf@augustcellars.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:45 PM
To: 'Mark Watson'; public-webcrypto@w3.org
Subject: Bug 24410 - AES-GCM

1.       Section 18.13.1 has no text

2.       I think that I have a problem with step #1 in the Encrypt operation
description.  I believe the text should say "If any of the required members
of ." given that additionalData and tagLength can be absent without causing
an error in the algorithm.  This may be an error in my knowledge of how
WebIDL works however as absent and null may be the same thing.

3.       SP 800-38D is missing from the references section.

Jim

I missed one more issue.

When doing an import operation, one needs to match both "A128GCM" and
"A128GCMKW".  In writing this I just also noted that the JSON document is
using A128GCM not AES128GCM, we will need to do a double check on the string
names that are defined in the JOSE document as they tend to try and omit
letters when they can.