Re: W3C Web Crypto WG - moving to github in the future ?

On 02/13/2014 02:36 PM, GALINDO Virginie wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As part of the 'for the future' ideas, I think that we should consider
> the idea of moving to github.
>
> This is coming from request that Bruno from Redhat made some times ago
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcrypto/2014Jan/0002.html
> and reiterated recently on Twitter
> https://twitter.com/abstractj/status/433630254062903297
>
> It seems to be a general move in W3C to go github, and I'd like to get
> the view of the WG participant on : could the WG manage its future
> specifications on github ? (I am not talking about migrating the
> existing specs as it could mean too much work, but rather preparing
> the future).

Since Github does not provide indefinitely stable URIs, the Rec-track
"snapshots" and the Rec itself will continue to be hosted on W3C itself.
However, I'm fine with moving the editor's draft from dcvs.w3.org to
Github if the editors agree.

    cheers,
      harry