W3C Web Crypto WG - serving the Web & TV use cases

From: GALINDO Virginie <Virginie.GALINDO@gemalto.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:36:00 +0200
To: "public-webcrypto@w3.org" <public-webcrypto@w3.org>
CC: Olivier Thereaux <Olivier.Thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
Hi all,

This is to inform you that the Web & TV Interest group (chaired by Olivier Thereaux, cced) is currently working on Media APIs. There are in the process of performing gap analysis of W3C technologies to fulfill their requirements [1] [2] [3].

The Web Crypto API is in their radar and they may come back to us with specific comments on our deliverables.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Use_Cases

[2] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Requirements

[3] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvACjV6qSvmxdEctdjYwa2JOalZLOG10elE1LVRZNlE#gid=1

Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus