Re: DOMString for import/export (was Re: ACTION-92 | JOSE Use Case)

So I'm glad I provoked this discussion with a strawperson for CryptoOperationData :-)

On Jul 8, 2013, at 2:27 PM, Richard Barnes wrote:

> Ah.  I had missed the second part of your message.  Not being a WebIDL wizard, the idea of having IDL for JW* seems not entirely unreasonable, but I would be wary of maintenance and incompatibilities creeping in.
>
> In any case, it seems like there are two routes here, both of which require splitting off KeyOperationData:
>
> 1. Handle JOSE objects as text (in serialized form) and add DOMString to KeyOperationData

This option is a non-starter with Ryan, correct?  Given that Ryan thinks that DOMString is the wrong answer, period?

> 2. Handle JOSE objects as real objects and add those types to KeyOperationData

This option works for me, but I'm not sure what to do with the compact-form variant other than disallow it.

-- A*