PROPOSAL: Close ISSUE-24 - Defining a Synchronous API

From: Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:14:45 -0800
To: public-webcrypto@w3.org
http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/track/issues/24

I would like to propose that we CLOSE ISSUE-24.

There have been no proposals put forth since it was raised.

Some members have suggested that synchronous methods be permitted on
the main thread of execution. Implementers objected to this (as, no
doubt, would the TAG), due to the significant performance concerns
they introduce. These objections were re-iterated during the TPAC/Lyon
F2F.

Further, the transition to a Promises-style API may resolve many of
the concerns regarding scriptability.

As such, I propose that this issue be closed.