PROPOSAL: Close ISSUE-18: Should it be possible to perform CryptoOperations as a 'streaming' operation with URI semantics?

From: Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:08:47 -0800
To: public-webcrypto@w3.org
http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/track/issues/18

I would like to propose that we CLOSE ISSUE-18.

The current API already incorporates supports for progressive
operations, such as encryption or hashing. Alternative semantics, such
as those afforded by the Streams API proposal, have not progressed in
their relevant working groups. Further, proposals for URI-like schemes
(such as createObjectURL) have already shown to be significantly
complex to implement correctly and efficiently.

As such, I do not believe this is an issue for this working group to
resolve, unless we're willing to hold further activity until the
alternative specifications are proposed.