Re: Opera Random Numbers

On 01/26/2013 09:08 PM, Nadim Kobeissi wrote:
> Hi,
> Does Opera already have a JS-accessible PRNG that can be used for
> cryptographic operations? If so, how can it be called? What is the
> function? How does it work?

(I've already answered to Nadim Kobeissi  directly)

Opera has not yet implemented window.crypto.getRandomValues(). However,
our Math.Random() is using a cryptographically secure random generator.
If used carefully (noting that it only returns 53 bits of entropy for
each call) it is possible to use it to implement a javascript version of
window.crypto.getRandomValues(). Just make sure to only do this in
Opera, along with some good comments in the code.

Cheers,
Håvard