Re: IANA registry for WebCrypto?

OK, let's up-level a little bit here.

We're not talking about File object or the One True JSON Encoding.  We're talking about tiny little simple objects to configure an algorithm.  The biggest difference is between BigInt/ArrayBufferView and their serialized forms.

What JOSE has right now is not perfect.  It's not extensible, and it's poorly laid out.
What WebCrypto has right now is not perfect.  It's too verbose (see other email on 'params').

JOSE might benefit from better encapsulation ({name: "PBKDF2", iterations: "..."}).
WebCrypto might benefit from some shortcuts ("HMAC-SHA-256").

This is not a huge degree of compromise.  I was just hopeful that folks would be open to trying to find a mutually agreeable solution.  Would it help if I proposed something concrete?

--Richard