From: Aymeric Vitte [mailto:vitteaymeric@gmail.com]
Sent: lundi 18 février 2013 11:58
To: Eric Rescorla
Cc: Ryan Sleevi; Richard Barnes; public-webcrypto-comments@w3.org
Subject: Re: ISSUE 22 - Re: Incomplete blocks

Le 17/02/2013 16:05, Eric Rescorla a écrit :
On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 2:09 AM, Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric@gmail.com<mailto:vitteaymeric@gmail.com>> wrote:
Yes, let's see what Ryan says but :

- ISSUE-22 still apply to hash (maybe a finish that does not really finish instead of a clone ?)

Hashes and dencryption aren't the same.

I know...

- I thought I understood that process could emit different progress as mentioned below, then maybe I can not know exactly when the last data have been consumed

Yes, i am saying that I think that that process should behave deterministically.

If different progress are emitted, for ctr it's easy to know when all data have been consumed but maybe not for other modes.

- case of encryption with padding (does it make sense to have progressive encryption in that case ?)

Yes.

Then ISSUE-22 is about encryption too.

-Ekr

Regards,