Re: DOM Dependency

From: Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 14:30:13 -0800
To: Anthony Nadalin <tonynad@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-webcrypto@w3.org" <public-webcrypto@w3.org>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Anthony Nadalin <tonynad@microsoft.com> wrote:
> And also tasked for standalone environments so we should not have this dependency as this is not a JS dependency

Can you point that out in the charter?

We're talking about the same dependency found in HTML - namely, the
notion of a sane event model.

I'd be curious to see how you would propose an asynchronous API
without events and without re-inventing events through some
specification-specific dialect.

The phrase "Web Application" appears nine times in our charter, so
surely this is not being seen as some new requirement. It's been this
way since the start.