RE: DOM Dependency

And also tasked for standalone environments so we should not have this dependency as this is not a JS dependency

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Sleevi [mailto:sleevi@google.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:20 PM
To: Anthony Nadalin
Cc: public-webcrypto@w3.org; Alex Russell
Subject: Re: DOM Dependency

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Anthony Nadalin <tonynad@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Why is there a DOM dependency in the API specification?

Because this is the _Web_ Crypto API, tasked with delivering an API suitable for conforming user agents.

Among the many concepts we borrow are the notion of Events, Event Targets, dispatching events, and the lifetime model that is inherently linked to the DOM and HTML specifications.

This dependency is reflected in Section 4.1 of our charter.