Re: 3GPP liaison request - possible answer

From: Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 13:40:41 -0800
To: arun@mozilla.com
Cc: public-webcrypto@w3.org, GALINDO Virginie <Virginie.GALINDO@gemalto.com>
On Feb 7, 2013 1:31 PM, "Arun Ranganathan" <arun@mozilla.com> wrote:

> I'm inclined to think of this as not relevant to our work, which focuses
on a *web* crypto API, not technologies orthogonal to the scope of the web,
and think this is an application layer consideration.  This isn't even a
use case we're trying to solve for, unless someone can convince me
otherwise.

> -- A*

+1

> On Feb 6, 2013, at 11:16 AM, GALINDO Virginie wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We received in November 2012 a request from 3GPP [1] and I guess that we
should consider answering it.

>> The 3GPP is asking us to
>> -          review their javascript API which is managing some use-case
specific keys (actually a GBA key used by mobile network operators to
generate some credentials for service providers).
>> -          Consider adding their API in our deliverables
>>
>> My answers to the questions would be :
>>
>> -          Maybe, but we need kind volunteer to read their spec  anyone
interested in reading draft Technical Report TR 33.823 section 8.2 [2]

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcrypto/2012Nov/0096.html