Re: Web Crypto Spec Updates for ArrayBufferView, ArrayBuffer, and Streams

From: Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:59:56 +0200
To: Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com>
CC: Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, Arun Ranganathan <aranganathan@mozilla.com>, "public-webcrypto@w3.org" <public-webcrypto@w3.org>

Le 27/04/2013 04:37, Ryan Sleevi a écrit :
> I think we should also be careful when distinguishing between
> *generating*  and*returning*  an ArrayBuffer. I agree that it may make
> sense to update result to be an explicit ArrayBuffer, but I'm less
> convinced on the overloads for inputs, given the other API
> discussions.
Yes, I think too, if I remember correctly WebSockets are accepting
ArrayBufferViews too, but as stated in this discussion, finally the
browsers seem to handle it the same way or adapt to the "best" way.

jCore
Email :  avitte@jcore.fr
iAnonym : http://www.ianonym.com
GitHub : https://www.github.com/Ayms