Re: Updated spec examples with Futures

Le 27/04/2013 01:32, Ryan Sleevi a écrit :
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Le 25/04/2013 17:02, Ryan Sleevi a écrit :
>>
>>> As mentioned before, no.

>> OK, waiting to see the new spec, here the question is not if I can do this
>> or not, I can, but this will not produce the correct result
>>
> No. It will not do what you want.
>
> Once a future is resolved (res1), which is what will happen when the
> .finish() is sucessfully called, you will no longer be able to call
> .process() on it further.
>
> You don't need to wait for any spec update - this is inherent from
> http://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#futures

I know that when a Future is resolved you can not use it any longer, but
does not res1.finish produce a new Future different from res1? Unless I
misread Futures, that's not very clear. Now, if the different Futures
are using the same underlying material (ie as specified in the spec),
then the example will not work, that's what I mean by "waiting to see
the spec".

Regards,

--
jCore